The village of Brinkworth is located in rural Wiltshire, 6 miles east of Malmesbury and 6 miles west of Junction 16 of the M4; 14 miles to the north is Cirencester. Brinkworth is the longest village in England
Our small (population 1300) but long village supports a primary school (rated as “Good” by Ofsted), pre-school, church and a public house & restaurant. More shops and services are found in Royal Wootton Bassett, 4 miles east and in Malmesbury, 6 miles west, including two “Outstanding” secondary schools.
Brinkworth has a thriving community with activities ranging from toddler groups to a weekly market and a famous annual Ball.
This site has been serving Brinkworth and surrounding area since 2006 with live weather (from our own station), information, property and local event listings.BBC Wiltshire:
- Narrow boat fire victim is named A man who died in a fire on a narrow boat on the Kennet and Avon Canal in Wiltshire is named by police. Fri, 28 Nov 2014 08:16:39 GMT
- Residents approve homes blueprint Residents in the Malmesbury area approve a plan for new homes and businesses in a ballot held on Thursday evening. Fri, 28 Nov 2014 09:40:30 GMT
- Fine over crane driver electric shock A building firm is fined £20,000 after a crane driver suffered an electric shock when his crane touched an overhead power line. Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:07:42 GMT
- Madame Tussauds wax figures auctioned Madame Tussauds wax figures of King Henry VIII and Tom Thumb, a polar bear and five complete Victorian shops, are to be auctioned in Wiltshire. Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:25:52 GMT
- Friday: Thick Cloud, Maximum Temperature: 11C (52F) Minimum Temperature: 8C (46F)
- Saturday: Sunny, Maximum Temperature: 12C (54F) Minimum Temperature: 5C (41F)
- Sunday: Thick Cloud, Maximum Temperature: 10C (50F) Minimum Temperature: 6C (43F)
News Updated: 28/11/2014 11:45:50