The village of Brinkworth is located in rural Wiltshire, 6 miles east of Malmesbury and 6 miles west of Junction 16 of the M4; 14 miles to the north is Cirencester. Brinkworth is the longest village in England
Our small (population 1300) but long village supports a primary school (rated as “Good” by Ofsted), pre-school, church and a public house & restaurant. More shops and services are found in Royal Wootton Bassett, 4 miles east and in Malmesbury, 6 miles west, including two “Outstanding” secondary schools.
Brinkworth has a thriving community with activities ranging from toddler groups to a weekly market and a famous annual Ball.
This site has been serving Brinkworth and surrounding area since 2006 with live weather (from our own station), information, property and local event listings.BBC Wiltshire:
- Man to face trial for parents' murder A Swindon man charged with the murder of his elderly parents seven years ago is fit to stand trial, Wiltshire Police says. Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:06:54 GMT
- Cathedral's new Magna Carta display Salisbury Cathedral receives a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund to build a new permanent display for its Magna Carta. Tue, 30 Sep 2014 05:22:10 GMT
- Motorcyclist dies after collision A motorcyclist from Swindon dies following a collision with a car in Gloucestershire. Mon, 29 Sep 2014 07:05:04 GMT
- Three bailed after injured man found A man and two women are released on bail after a 42-year-old man is found critically injured outside a shop in Devizes. Mon, 29 Sep 2014 06:45:28 GMT
- Tuesday: Sunny Intervals, Maximum Temperature: 20C (68F) Minimum Temperature: 14C (57F)
- Wednesday: Light Cloud, Maximum Temperature: 19C (66F) Minimum Temperature: 11C (52F)
- Thursday: Light Cloud, Maximum Temperature: 18C (64F) Minimum Temperature: 13C (55F)
News Updated: 30/09/2014 12:15:50