The village of Brinkworth is located in rural Wiltshire, 6 miles east of Malmesbury and 6 miles west of Junction 16 of the M4; 14 miles to the north is Cirencester. Brinkworth is the longest village in England
Our small (population 1300) but long village supports a primary school (rated as “Good” by Ofsted), pre-school, church and a public house & restaurant. More shops and services are found in Royal Wootton Bassett, 4 miles east and in Malmesbury, 6 miles west, including two “Outstanding” secondary schools.
Brinkworth has a thriving community with activities ranging from toddler groups to a weekly market and a famous annual Ball.
This site has been serving Brinkworth and surrounding area since 2006 with live weather (from our own station), information, property and local event listings.BBC Wiltshire:
- Bomb team search house after arrest Bomb disposal experts work at a house in Trowbridge and one man has been arrested after "inert substances" are found. Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:22:40 GMT
- Rare Monroe negative sold at auction A rare negative of the movie star Marilyn Monroe, taken during her first professional photo shoot, is sold at auction in Devizes. Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:51:20 GMT
- Train stuck in floods after storms Some 90 passengers are rescued from a train after it became trapped in flood water during a night of storms in southern England. Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:51:57 GMT
- Council bid 'to close' fire-hit site Councillors vote unanimously to pursue "all legal avenues" to close a Swindon recycling centre, following a two month fire at the site. Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:20:42 GMT
- Sunday: Sunny Intervals, Maximum Temperature: 17C (63F) Minimum Temperature: 8C (46F)
- Monday: Sunny, Maximum Temperature: 18C (64F) Minimum Temperature: 9C (48F)
- Tuesday: Sunny Intervals, Maximum Temperature: 17C (63F) Minimum Temperature: 11C (52F)
News Updated: 21/09/2014 14:45:49