The village of Brinkworth is located in rural Wiltshire, 6 miles east of Malmesbury and 6 miles west of Junction 16 of the M4; 14 miles to the north is Cirencester. Brinkworth is the longest village in England
Our small (population 1300) but long village supports a primary school (rated as “Good” by Ofsted), pre-school, church and a public house & restaurant. More shops and services are found in Royal Wootton Bassett, 4 miles east and in Malmesbury, 6 miles west, including two “Outstanding” secondary schools.
Brinkworth has a thriving community with activities ranging from toddler groups to a weekly market and a famous annual Ball.
This site has been serving Brinkworth and surrounding area since 2006 with live weather (from our own station), information, property and local event listings.BBC Wiltshire:
- Mother in plea to change arrest code The mother of murdered Becky Godden, who is campaigning for a change in arrest procedures, is to take a 30,000-signature petition to Downing Street. Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:00:49 GMT
- Fire authority merger submitted A fire authority merger request "to protect frontline services" in Dorset, Wiltshire and Swindon is sent to central government. Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:17:40 GMT
- Solstice crowd gathers at Stonehenge More than 1,000 people meet at Stonehenge to mark the winter solstice. Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:51:15 GMT
- Dead cat in road prompts 999 call A woman called 999 to report a dead cat in a road, South Western Ambulance Service reveals. Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:37:06 GMT
- Monday: Light Cloud, Minimum Temperature: 10C (50F)
- Tuesday: Light Rain, Maximum Temperature: 12C (54F) Minimum Temperature: 6C (43F)
- Wednesday: Light Cloud, Maximum Temperature: 9C (48F) Minimum Temperature: 3C (37F)
News Updated: 22/12/2014 20:45:50