The village of Brinkworth is located in rural Wiltshire, 6 miles east of Malmesbury and 6 miles west of Junction 16 of the M4; 14 miles to the north is Cirencester. Brinkworth is the longest village in England
Our small (population 1300) but long village supports a primary school (rated as “Good” by Ofsted), pre-school, church and a public house & restaurant. More shops and services are found in Royal Wootton Bassett, 4 miles east and in Malmesbury, 6 miles west, including two “Outstanding” secondary schools.
Brinkworth has a thriving community with activities ranging from toddler groups to a weekly market and a famous annual Ball.
This site has been serving Brinkworth and surrounding area since 2006 with live weather (from our own station), information, property and local event listings.BBC Wiltshire:
- Carer jailed over nursing home abuse A care worker who abused elderly dementia patients at a care home in Salisbury is jailed for five months. Fri, 24 Oct 2014 19:00:28 GMT
- Finances at NHS trust investigated An investigation is launched into financial problems at Great Western Hospitals, in Wiltshire, by the health services regulator. Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:59:59 GMT
- Man dies after three-vehicle crash A 38-year-old man dies following a three-vehicle crash in Wiltshire. Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:15:48 GMT
- Art forger collection fetches £50,000 A collection of art by a master forger whose work fooled dealers and galleries around the world sells at auction for more than £50,000. Thu, 23 Oct 2014 21:39:57 GMT
- Friday: Partly Cloudy, Minimum Temperature: 8C (46F)
- Saturday: Sunny Intervals, Maximum Temperature: 14C (57F) Minimum Temperature: 10C (50F)
- Sunday: Light Cloud, Maximum Temperature: 15C (59F) Minimum Temperature: 12C (54F)
News Updated: 24/10/2014 21:45:50