Serving Brinkworth and surrounding area since 2006 with live weather, news, information and local event listings.
- We were very fortunate to have sunny, dry weather for our first ever ‘Brinkworth Bash MT 10K’ race. Our fears that the race would be poorly attended began to disappear ...
The village of Brinkworth is located in rural Wiltshire, 6 miles east of Malmesbury and 6 miles west of Junction 16 of the M4; 14 miles to the north is Cirencester. Brinkworth is the longest village in England.
The Brinkworth population is approximately 1300 and our small but long village supports a primary school, nursery, church and a public house & restaurant. More shops and services are found in Royal Wootton Bassett, 4 miles east and in Malmesbury, 6 miles west. Brinkworth is a thriving community with activities ranging from toddler groups to a weekly market.
This site has been serving Brinkworth and surrounding area since 2006 with live weather (from our own station), news, information, property and local event listings.
- Plan for 197-acre solar farm refused An application to build a solar farm over 17 fields in Wiltshire is rejected. Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:31:08 GMT
- ‘Shocking’ rise in use of food banks Hundreds of thousands more people are turning to food banks to stop themselves from going hungry, says Wiltshire charity the Trussell Trust. Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:35:23 GMT
- ‘Zoo’ appears on derelict care home A “zoo” of 20ft (6m) high graffiti animals appears on the walls of an abandoned nursing home in Wiltshire. Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:33:02 GMT
- Mayor resigns over offensive remark Swindon’s mayor resigns after making derogatory remarks about disabled people during a meeting. Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:51:17 GMT
BBC 3-day Weather Forecast (Chippenham):
- Wednesday: Partly Cloudy, Minimum Temperature: 5C (41F)
- Thursday: Light Cloud, Maximum Temperature: 15C (59F) Minimum Temperature: 5C (41F)
- Friday: Sunny, Maximum Temperature: 13C (55F) Minimum Temperature: 2C (36F)
News Updated: 16/04/2014 22:37:03